Friday, August 17, 2012

Gotta Getta Blog Post

Today.

Goals.

I need 'em.

I completed my first ever sporting competition, that 5k.  Been walking a lot, and running some, and I think I'm precariously near the addiction point, but still waffling on the whole getting-out-of-bed thing.  It's hard when you're not sleeping well.  I like the idea of being a runner, the actual running not so much.  It takes me at least a mile to feel like being out there walking or running anyway.  I used to be a trail runner, back in my early high school career, before the cigarettes and when I was still thought of myself as a kid, not a neurotic teen.  (n.b. in my heart of hearts, I *still* feel like  a kid - particularly when my boss is yelling).  A bit directionless now, adrift in the afterglow of my medal-winning run.   So, I'm going to nail myself down some goals for the next few months.

ahem.

1.  Next 5k in October - the On Cosby Moonshine Run.  I will take 2 minutes off my last time, which I officially record as 30:44.  Eep, that sounds ambitious!  Eep, I'm all linky-linky today.  I will incorporate this into a mini-vacation at the cabin.  Hot tub!  Steaks!  Wine!  Yaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooo!

2.   In that active vein, I want to do the Santa Hustle as well.  My goal here?  To have a great time.  I'm hoping for eggnog instead of water.  I'd bet it'd be easier to drink.  I'd like my time to be at least in between the previous two; that is, better than the first (to show improved fitness) but slower than the second (so I can enjoy the run).

3.  To get back in the morning pages habit.  I bought a bunch of comp books at Staples for 10 cents a piece - now I just need to start writing in them.  Hard to figure out WHEN to do them.  I like to get my exercise over with first, and then it's morning chaos as we get ready for work and school.

Goals.

I got 'em.


No comments: