Thursday, October 04, 2012

Attack of the Ginormous Insects!!!!

(cue spooky music)

THEY CAME FROM ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEE.....

Well, actually they - and by this I mean it - came from the parking lot of Kroger's the other day.  It flew at me, not quite bee-like in its determination but speedy for its size, and I brushed it away.

Or rather, I THOUGHT I brushed it away.  When I felt evil little footsteps on my throat, I realized different and did the GetItOff!GETITOFF!GETITOFF!!!! Dance.

Point, me.

It relocated to my windshield and continued to terrorize me while I drove.

Point, bug.

I did stop panicking long enough to snap a quick phone photo and if you are observant, you will notice the antenna of his alien overlord master in the corner of the photo.  Holy Orson Welles, Batman!

Anyhoo, this is a stink bug, a Brown Marmorated Stink Bug to be precise, and we are having a bumper crop of them this fall.  Trust local tv to inform and forewarn on what must've been the slowest news day ever.

No comments: