Tuesday, February 01, 2005

38 days until Elvis.

Where did January go? Don't really care - just glad to be one month closer to spring and color! and one month farther away from the cold gray hell that is winter. I bought a hyacinth for some color and that wonderful springy smell, but it developed an odor problem and is now sitting outside my front door. What a way to welcome any potential guests - a really rank smelling decaying flower! That just says 'Come on in!,' doesn't it?

today's mood: casually upbeat - jeans and tshirt kind of mood, but I'm wearing hideous green pants and an old colorblocked sweater that is just a hair too short for these damn pants. Today's tunage: the Killers, Hot Fuss and the Beatles, Sergeant Pepper. I think there will be an Elvis afternoon, with some Nick Lowe breaks. Location: the grind. I think I'm here more than I'm home and that would be ok if I could send everybody else home. I am solitude starved.

Replayed Mr. Brightside for the fourth time. I may never get to Elvis.

and I want to dance!

No comments: