Thursday, August 17, 2006

Out of My Comfort Zone


and into the fiery pits of the hair-chewing, white knuckled hell of nervous insecurity.


Ok, so maybe it's not all that bad. It's just a little dinner party. I've done them before. In 1984 or so. Will they like what I cook? Will my dog bite somebody? Do I have any of those little towels for the bathroom?? Is my bathroom clean and relatively non-aromatic? Where did I put the Oust? Can I get new carpet installed today? Caterers - do I know any? Tranquilizers - do I have any? Can I get to the liquor store on Saturday? What if they've turned tee-totaller on me? Are these hives on my arms or just a shitload of little bitty bug bites? What would Paris do?

I don't see how washing my car in heels and a g-string would help, but at this point I'm willing to try anything.


Almost.


update: I survived. No one got food poisoning. No one hurried home early. I think it was a success.

No comments: